Sunday 7 August 2011

Update On Science Tales

I'm working on the last third of my strip on chiropractic therapy. Hoping to have this beta version online in the coming week. I'm steeling myself for the inevitable hate mail I'm going to receive as a result. Of course, I'm very aware of the Simon Singh case, and because of this, I'm checking and rechecking my facts. Having said that, I doubt very much the chiropractic profession will be embarking on any other lawsuits soon, after the colossal bill they were stuck with after that court case failed.

Had the strange irony this week of having my own book recommend to me by Amazon. Another irony, developed slight back pain while working on my chiropractic strip. Nothing to do with moving and handling. I'd been sitting with my back to the open window during the hot weather, and the ever so slight breeze caused a crick in my back. How feeble my body is these days.

I'm still on course to hit my late September deadline with Science Tales, for publication in the spring, 2012. After the chiropractic chapter is finished I'll be starting work on the final, and summing up chapter, which will be about the science denial movement generally.

The full list of chapters are thus: electroconvulsive therapy, the Andrew Wakefield MMR scandal, homeopathy, the supposed NASA Moon hoax, climate change, evolution, chiropractic therapy, and science denial.

7 comments:

Joe said...

Looking forward to it, matey. I'd love to talk to you about doing one of the Director's Commentary features on the FP blog at some point too, reckon it's time we had you doing one of those!

Joe

The Odd Luminary said...

I'm rather excited to read the book when it's completed. Keep up the good work, sir!

joker stash said...

biggest forum to buy CVV, CV2 at a reasonable price visit now
Brians club

joker stash said...

biggest forum to buy CVV, CV2 at a reasonable price visit now
joker stash

joker stash said...

biggest forum to buy CVV, CV2 at a reasonable price visit now
joker stash forum

joker stash said...

biggest forum to buy CVV, CV2 at a reasonable price visit now
joker stash

none said...

What a well written and compassionate article. I found your ideas and wisdom encouraging and helpful.cvv2 me